The core of the UniTesS system is a database designed for:
- operating data storage;
- data analysis;
- providing the production process and electronic workflow.
A centralized database server makes the software scalable within the enterprise, which allows you to create any number of workstations with support of all available functions. Moreover, you can organize remote opera-tion with the database. Users can get access to any database information from any workstation. In this case, all users always receive up-to-date in-formation. The UniTesS DB database also has enhanced backup and ar-chiving capabilities.
UniTesS DB contains a wide range of information that fully character-izes all aspects of the laboratory activities:
- test sample information: model, manufacturer, serial number; code of measuring equipment, payment information, registration and return time, execution deadlines, department, responsible person, sample movement;
- data on the performed work: test reports history, who and when have performed the work, checked and approved test reports, attached photos (of sample, the instrument screen), scanned and uploaded materials, employee comments;
- automation data: scripts for UniTesS workstation, protocol templates, work types register;
- register of own standard instruments and measuring equipment: manufacturer, supplier, department/responsible person, verifica-tion/maintenance/calibration data, cost data;
- documents register: the procedures of verification, calibration, meas-urements, metrological certification, operation manuals, technical regulation, etc. (the user can add documents of any types).
- enterprise/laboratory structure: departments, positions, employees;
- directories: customers, manufacturers;
- personal user’s settings;
- setting of data access permissions.
User authentication and access control provide a high level of data security, which is one of the main advantages of the UniTesS DB database.
The information stored in a single database is conveniently to ana-lyze using filtering and highlighting. Using the built-in SQL-designer it is possible to receive reports on various criteria.
The UniTesS DB database supports the following workflow stages (some optional):
- sample registration;
- definition of work type;
- assignment of terms and task performer;
- work performance;
- performance control;
- protocols verification and approval;
- returning of test sample and issue of test report.