UniTesS Workstation software is designed for automated execution of verification, measuring instruments calibration and testing of various purposes equipment. UniTesS Workstation allows implementing any meas-urement procedures and can work with any equipment via following inter-faces: USB, RS232, GPIB/IEEE-488, Ethernet.
UniTesS Workstation performs a list of operations described in the script file. Script is a text file that contains a sequence of actions that im-plements the measurement procedure. Scripts for UniTesS Workstation are developed using the programming language «Unitess Script Language».
The language is specifically designed for automation in metrology and allows implementing all the functions necessary for automation: in-strument control, mathematical calculations, comparisons, data report, etc. Language is simplified for faster learning. It's unnecessary to think about the data types, interaction with databases, report generating during the script development.
Using our own programming language, we standardized automated workstation developing process.
For the performer UniTesS Workstation is a software with extremely simple user interface with three buttons: «get the task list», «start work», «suspend work».
After the task selection, the software shows to the user the list of measured parameters with points and tolerances. At this stage, user can change the volume of verification. After clicking the «Start» button, the user will be prompted to fill in the data for the report.
The entered data will be directly included into the report. For exam-ple, you can specify: the measurement conditions, standard and reference instruments applied, etc.
Further, UniTesS Workstation controls the standard instruments and verified equipment, reads the indications, calculates uncertainty, compares the value with the threshold and sends the data to the report. If necessary, messages or queries are displayed for the users (rewire the circuit, connect the equipment).
If the result is out of specification, UniTesS Workstation will prompt to confirm the value or repeat the measurement.
After the script execution, the software displays to the user the final conclusion and generates a report in Word and/or PDF formats, all meas-urement results are stored in the database.
Workstation with partial automation
You can consider partial automation if you use instruments without control interfaces in your laboratory. In this case UniTesS Workstation displays for the user the connection scheme, text, and requests the data from the devices in the interactive mode. Advantages of partial automation in interactive mode:
- low development cost;
- efficiency improving by 30-50%;
- automatic report generation;
- reduced requirements for qualification;
- automatic uncertainty calculation;
- the possibility of implementing any procedures.
Example of Workstations for verification/calibration:
- power supplies;
- spectrum analyzers;
- LF, HF generators;
- frequency counters;
- power meters;
- linear-angled measuring instruments.
Example of Workstations for conformity assessment:
- measurements of radio communication equipment radio interface parameters: LTE, UMTS, GSM, cdma 2000, WiFi, Bluetooth for compliance with international and regional regulatory documents;
- emission measurements;
- immunity tests;
- safety tests.
UniTesS APM + Opt. Debug
UniTesS Workstation supports debugging mode for script editing and development the new ones. Functions will be familiar to anyone who has worked with programming environments.
The script debugging mode allows freely change the logic of work, procedure, control points and tolerances. The customer can develop new workstations on his own.
UniTesS Workstation allows:
- implementing complex procedures using a variety of standard instru-ments;
- controlling devices by the following interfaces: USB, RS232, GPIB, Ethernet;
- reading and recognizing the indications from the instrument screens, that don't support control interfaces, using the machine vision module UniTesS Workstation MV;
- controlling outdated equipment using the IEEE-488 interface (for ex-ample, voltmeter V1-28);
- generating reports in MS Word and PDF formats;
- implementing different operation modes: automatic, semi-automatic or interactive.